ONE TERM RECRUIT SCHOOL FORMAT – Our EMT program is for the student who wishes to complete all of the certificate requirements in an accelerated format. The full program will be presented in a twelve (12) week format which will allow for online course completion as well as hands on practical lab sessions. This presentation provides a more intense learning experience but allows for the student to complete all certificate requirements.
Students apply for admission at the beginning of a term and will have 12 weeks (or till the end of the term) to complete the full program.
The Emergency Medical Technician course prepares the EMT student to provide prehospital assessment and care for patients of all ages with a variety of medical conditions and traumatic injuries as well as advanced airway techniques, and basic medication administration.
Click each module below to view individual course descriptions
|Winter Term||Great Brook Academy||January thru March||TBA|
|Spring Term||Great Brook Academy||April thru June||TBA|
|Summer Term||Great Brook Academy||July thru September||TBA|
|Fall Term||Great Brook Academy||October thru December||CLICK TO REGISTER|
Your Emergency Medical Technician course tuition covers all expenses that are associated with your program. Unlike other programs, Great Brook Academy believes in no hidden fees. So what will you get as part of your certificate program?
1. Course Textbook available electronically online as soon as you apply and register for your course
2. Program backpack
3. Program shirt
4. Triangular bandages for splinting practice
5. Misc bandages and dressings for bleeding control practice
6. Pocket Mask for BLS CPR skills practice
7. Penlight for patient assessment skills practice
8. SAM splint for splinting practice
For a student to be considered as successfully completing the course of instruction they must:
1. Complete all online course requirements to include all course lessons, activities, and knowledge checks with a minimum of 80% or higher.
2. Completing of all practical skills at the appropriate competency level
3. Full tuition payment
4. Completion of all application and administrative requirements
5. Completion of the final written and practical examination process
Our EMT program requires that each student complete no less than 24 hours of clinical ride time with an ambulance service as well as participate in a clinical tour of an emergency department. The clinical ride time experience gives students the opportunity to observe skills being performed on actual patients in real clinical settings. They also have the opportunity to perform their newly learned skills on patients under the supervision of a clinical preceptor. This is invaluable hands on practice that helps to solidify the learning process.
Students must document patient contacts on patient care reports and have clinical verification forms signed by approved preceptors at each clinical site that they attend. This is a REQUIRED COMPONENT on the program and students can NOT COMPLETE the program without the attending the required clinicals and completing the clinical objectives.
Great Brook Academy will set up the clinical tour of an approved emergency department within a hospital to meet these educational requirements.
The Student Financial Responsibility Agreement describes the financial obligation a student accepts when enrolling in classes at Great Brook Academy.
1. I accept full responsibility to pay all tuition, fees and other associated costs assessed as a result of my registration and/or receipt of services. I understand my student account constitutes a financial obligation between me and GBA.
2. I understand and agree that if a I drop or withdraw from some or all of the classes for which I register, I will be responsible for paying all of the tuition and fees in accordance with the published add/drop and withdrawal schedule. I further understand that my failure to attend class does not absolve me of my financial responsibility as described above.
3. I understand that I am responsible for viewing and paying my student account and invoice by the scheduled due date. I further understand that failure to review my invoice does not constitute a valid reason for not paying my bill on time.
4. I understand GBA may withhold registration, transcripts and certificates; assess late payment fees; charge interest on unpaid balances; submit unpaid debt to a collection agency; and take other steps to collect the money I owe. I agree to pay all delinquency fees, including any costs of collection, which may be based on a percentage up to 50% of the debt, and all other costs and expenses including reasonable attorney fees.
5. I authorize GBA and their respective agents and contractors to contact me regarding my tuition and fees, including the repayment of my tuition and fees, at the current or any future cellular phone number(s), email address(es) or wireless device. I understand and agree that I am responsible for keeping GBA records up to date with my current physical addresses, email addresses, and phone numbers for purposes of continued communication regarding any amounts that remain due and owing to GBA.
6. I understand if my overdue account is placed in collection, GBA reserves the right to report both positive and negative payment histories to credit-reporting agencies and may obtain a credit report on me at any time in the future to review my account.
7. This agreement shall be interpreted in accordance with and pursuant to the laws of the state of New Hampshire.